Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Days 4 to 6 of the drinking water rather than soft drinks experiment

May 18, 19, and 20, 2013 (Saturday through Monday)

On Saturday, I was still battling some vestiges of withdrawal from caffeine and some sleepiness. I went to bed way earlier than normal for me. Normal, by the way, is between 2 to 4 am, as I am a bit of an insomniac. I was asleep by around 1:30 am. I enjoyed very much the clean feeling in my stomach as I drank water all day.

By Sunday, I appeared to be over the withdrawal symptoms. I still had to go to bed earlier than my previous norm. But otherwise, drinking water became easier and easier.

On Monday, I awakened longing for a drink with a little more cutting edge to it like lemonade. We did not have lemonade in the house, plus, that is a strong sugar-based drink. My compromise, which worked out beautifully, was to make my Chia Seed, lemon juice, ice cubes, and water concoction. To me, it tastes similar to Fresca and it is way healthier. I really enjoyed consuming this as I ate my bowl of cereal. The rest of the day, drinking pure water felt natural and just what I wanted. I am very pleased that my food tastes better and my appetite has decreased somewhat.

By the way, Chia Seeds have lots of fiber. The drink is something that I will probably repeat often. In a large glass, I mix 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds, a bunch of ice cubes, 15 squirts of lemon juice, and about 24 ounces of water. It makes a thickened drink that is similar to a slushy drink. Since the seeds tend to settle, I give the mixture a good stir prior to taking a drink. I ended up drinking every drop. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment