Friday, October 29, 2010

It's Safe to be Slender: Flax Seed Benefits


Introduction: As Healing Seeker affirms her declaration that it is safe to be slender, read her exploration of the health benefits of having a daily dose of 4 tablespoons of flax seed mixed with 4 ounces of yogurt. In addition, it pleases her taste buds.

29 October 2010

I find there is great power in the affirmation that it is truly safe to be slender. Those words really resonate with me more than any other weight-loss affirmations I have ever heard.

As I reach toward my goal of losing sixty pounds prior to getting reconstruction surgery in the late fall of 2011, I am striving to make life style changes that I can happily and easily adopt into my life rather than trying a few short-term measures that could put me on that yo-yo diet cycle. In case you are wondering, I am in remission from breast cancer after having chemo and a double mastectomy. In other words, there are no more cancer cells in my body. I wish to keep it that way. So for the first time in my life, I am extra motivated to make these changes to help benefit the second half of my life. I am 52.

My other very strong motivation is my strong desire to not have fake boobs attached to fat. They make you wait one year after completing cancer treatments before they authorize you to get reconstruction surgery. They want to make certain that the cancer does not return that could be hidden under those fake boobs. So I want my body size to be the size it is going to be from now on before I have the fake boobs attached.

Meeting with a Nutritionist soon

I will be meeting with my nutritionist as soon as I complete my last preventative radiation treatment. As of this morning, I have six more sessions to go. Both my oncologist and my radiation oncologist did not want me losing too much weight during my treatments. Without really trying, I have lost 20 to 22 pounds since being diagnosed with breast cancer on the 7th of January of 2010 depending on which doctor’s scale I use. Chemo reduced my appetite considerably. I generally only eat 2 meals a day. During chemo, I didn’t even manage that. So I still have the goal of losing an additional 60 pounds.

Click WEIGHTLOSS to read the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment