Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Declaration: It's Safe To Be Slender

27 October 2010

Who am I?

I am Healing Seeker. I have already gone into remission from breast cancer. Hooray for that! For more information on the breast cancer I had (notice the past tense), please visit my other blog called:

As a quick synopsis, I was diagnosed with Stage 3A breast cancer on January 7, 2010. I had eight sessions of chemo between February 4, 2010 and July 1, 2010. I had a double mastectomy on August 11, 2010. I started preventative radiation treatments on September 15, 2010. I will most likely complete my very last radiation treatment on November 5, 2010. Then, other than taking the low-dosage chemo tablet for five years, there is nothing more that needs to be done. Doctors don’t like to use the term cancer-free. They prefer to use the term “in remission.” I prefer the first term since there is no more cancer in my body; however, we will be politically correct and use the latter term. Sigh!

From the very beginning, other than 9 pity parties, I have maintained a positive attitude and my sense of humor. I credit this all to God and the power of prayer. I had and have great doctors, a great treatment plan, and a wonderful and supportive husband, family, and friends. Thanks be to God for all that as well!

Chemo makes some people gain weight due to steroids or some other feature. It made me lose weight since I could not taste a lot of my food for almost six months. Both my oncologist and my radiation oncologist did not want me losing too much weight while still undergoing treatment. Once radiation is completed, my goal is to lose an additional sixty pounds the healthy way. I have lost 20 to 22 pounds so far, depending on which doctor’s scale I get on. Before having reconstruction surgery late in the fall of 2011, I want to have lost that additional sixty pounds so that I don’t have fake boobs attached to fat.

Click WEIGHTLOSS to read the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment